There are so many emotions that come up when you see the positive pregnancy test! These are the top 7 of the many that popped up for me.
1. I'm so proud of Laura for being strong and healthy. I know with all my heart she will be a great mom. I couldn't have asked for a better partner than Laura.
2. I'm glad we have got ourselves taken care of, I mean it's always a work in progress but I'm glad we waited until now and have lived the adventures that we have. We have so many lessons and stories to teach our kids.
3. Like everything involving Laura, I wish my own father was around to see the things we are doing. And to know that he did a great job!!! I know he would have loved Laura.
4. Excited!! We are going to be awesome parents. Being through all the things I've done in my life. Some good, some bad, I know I'll be understanding to every situation.
5. A bit scared because I no longer have the high paying, high security job I once had. But pursuing my dreams and not living in regret is what I feel is more important to teach my kids.
6. Grateful that we'll get to raise a child, there are so many people out there that don't get this opportunity. To help instill the values and morals that we've picked up is extremely exciting.
7. Being there for someone and them knowing that no matter what they'll always be loved. I've been through a lot in my life and it wasn't all positive. Being able to relate to our child when they're in a tough situation will be a strong skill. And our kids always know that no matter what they can tell me what's up and I'll help them, not get mad or pass judgment.
I know it's going to be a hard, challenging and a life changing experience having children. I feel the best I ever have with life and our situation. Being able to teach our kids that life has many different paths you can go down, and it doesn't always have to be the most traveled path that's right for you.
If you are a parent what's one emotion that you never seen coming? Or if you don't have kids what's one thing that you're glad your parents taught or showed you about life?